This is MeeGo for IVI (In-Vehicle Infotainment).
MeeGo is an open source, Linux project which brings together the Moblin project, headed up by Intel, and Maemo, by Nokia, into a single open source activity. It integrates the experience and skills of two significant development ecosystems, versed in communications and computing technologies. The MeeGo project believes these two pillars form the technical foundations for next generation platforms and usages in the mobile and device platforms space.
- Performance optimizations and features which enable rich computational and graphically oriented applications and connected services development
- No-compromise internet standards support delivering the best web experiences
- Easy to use, flexible and powerful UI/app development environment based on Qt
- Open source project organization managed by the Linux Foundation
- State of the Art Linux stack optimized for the size and capabilities of small footprint platforms and mobile devices, but delivering broad linux software application compatibility
Here are some key features of “MeeGo for IVI”
- Kernel version 2.6.33
- Home screen and taskbar for launching and managing applications
- Sample navigation (Navit)
- Sample Bluetooth-enabled dialer application (BT-HFP Dialer)
- UI for managing network connections
- Fennec Browser is MeeGo’s Qt based web browser for IVI
- Packages from open source automotive projects are included for audio management, resource management, persistent storage management, CE device management, and system health management
MeeGo currently targets platforms such as netbooks/entry-level desktops, handheld computing and communications devices, in-vehicle infotainment devices, connected TVs, and media phones. All of these platforms have common user requirements in communications, application, and internet services in a portable or small form factor. The MeeGo project will continue to expand platform support as new features are incorporated and new form factors emerge in the market.
Download now MeeGo for IVI 1.0 (ISO)
sumber : www.softpedia.com